Marriage And Family Based Visas

Helping Bring Families Together

At Guerrero Law we take great pride in bringing immigrating families together by helping them apply for family-based visas. These processes can be very complex, and learning the immigration laws of a country that does not speak your native language can make the process even more difficult. Our family immigration attorneys in Dallas speak fluent Spanish and can help you understand these procedures so you can reunite with your loved ones. During a free initial consultation, we can help you determine which visa or adjustment of status is appropriate for your situation. Whether you’re seeking a K-1 fiancé(e) visa or a green card, you can trust our knowledgeable team to guide you step by step through the entire process.

Get started on applying for a family-based immigrant visa today by calling 214-748-6565 to arrange your free consultation.

Family Visas Vs. Green Cards

Although you will often hear the terms used interchangeably, there are actually distinct differences between the two. A visa is only a temporary permit to live in the United States, while a green card will allow you to say in the country indefinitely and apply for citizenship. There are also many kinds of visas and green cards you can apply for, including:

  • K1 fiancé(e) visa – Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their fiancé(e) so that they can come to the U.S. and get married. Once married, they can then apply for a marriage-based green card.
  • K3 visa – Allows a U.S. citizen who is already married to sponsor their spouse so that they can join them in the U.S. while they wait for their green card application to be processed.
  • IR green card (immediate relative) – Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their spouse, children and parents while they apply for a green card.
  • F1 and F3 green cards – Allow a U.S. citizen to sponsor their children and allow the children to become lawful permanent U.S. residents.
  • F2 green card – Similar to the F1 and F3 green cards, except it allows permanent residents of the U.S. to sponsor their spouse and children while they apply for a green card.
  • F4 green card – Allows U.S. citizens to sponsor their brothers and sisters while they apply for permanent residence.

We Can Help Your Family Apply For Residency In Texas

Keeping their families together is one of the biggest concerns for U.S. immigrants. Our team is dedicated to helping you do just that. Our Spanish-speaking immigration lawyers in Dallas, Texas, can help you work with citizenship and immigration services and choose the best route for visa or green card application for your family members.

We can help you reunite with your loved ones. Contact us today at 214-748-6565 to discuss your family’s immigration status during a free consultation.