Guerrero Law Helps Victims Of Motorcycle Accidents In Texas
A motorcyclist wearing the latest in high-tech protective gear is still no match for a motor vehicle in an accident. Protective clothing helps prevent road rash, but the only real physical protection is a helmet, and even that has limited value in a high-speed, head-on collision. As a result, the growing popularity of motorcycling in Texas has led to a growing number of motorcycle accident cases.
Drivers Are At Fault In Most Motorcycle Accidents
It’s a well-known fact that many drivers either don’t see or don’t look for motorcyclists. Approximately 75% of motorcycle accidents involve a collision with a motor vehicle. Negligence on the part of motor vehicle drivers is the most commonly cited cause in these accidents. Some of the most commonly reported causes include:
- Cars turning left in front of motorcyclists
- Unsafe/illegal lane changes
- Head-on collisions
- Opening car doors
- Road hazards
Distracted driving often plays into all of the causes listed above. Although a distracted driving law was passed in 2017, it remains a major problem on Texas roads.
Injuries Resulting From Motorcycle Accidents
Serious injuries are difficult to avoid in motorcycle accidents. Padding and sturdy clothes only go so far if you are thrown from your bike. Listed below are injuries we see most often in motorcycle injury claims:
- Head and brain injuries – Helmets save lives but don’t always prevent concussions and brain trauma.
- Biker’s arm – This injury occurs when a biker extends their arm to break their fall after getting thrown from a bike.
- Lower body injuries – Injuries to the leg, knees and feet include broken bones, muscle and tendon damage, and amputation.
- Shoulder and upper arm injuries – These injuries often result in broken bone, muscle, tendon and nerve damage.
- Neck injuries – Neck injuries often affect the spine and can lead to paralysis.
Injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents can be severe and life-changing. Because insurance companies tend to place fault on the motorcyclist, it’s important to have a lawyer on your side who can protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. For more than 40 years, we’ve been helping accident victims maximize their insurance awards to get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Guerrero Law For Help With Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a pedestrian accident, call Guerrero Law at 214-748-6565 or fill out our online contact form to set up an initial consultation.